We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Chef to join our busy team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To manage the shift allowing an efficient and smooth operation
- Supervise all Food Service Assistants on shift
- Prepare food to the highest standard of quality at all times and serve in a clean and hygienic environment
- Follow recipes and instruction, as directed by the Head Chef and in accordance to the required food offer
- Ensure all necessary documentation is completed to comply with company and industry standards
- To communicate well with customers and demonstrate a helpful attitude at all times
- To cash up tills at the end of shift and secure money according to site procedure
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will be:
- Experienced in working in a busy kitchen environment
- Passionate for producing fresh food to a high standard
- Customer focused
- A strong communicator
- Experienced at working with a team
- Complying to health, safety and hygiene standards
This position will be 2 evenings 5:00pm to 11:30pm and will include an unpaid 30 min break. Please note that we are operational 7 days a week and so you will be asked to cover other shifts from time to time.
It is essential that you have a Level 2 Food Safety certificate as well as recognised Catering qualifications.
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.