We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Chef to join our busy team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To assist in implementing and maintaining the prompt and efficient preparation and service of all meals and breaks at the required time, being provided to the standard of the food service offer(s) and laid down in the Service Level Agreement and to the Client's, Customer's and Sodexos satisfaction.
- To ensure that all food is prepared with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies.
- To assist in implementing and maintaining the service for all Hospitality related activities, production service, clear down
- To report and, where possible, take action for any incidents of accident, fire, loss, theft, damage, unfit food, or any other irregularities
- To attend meetings and training courses as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to verbally communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Literate and numerate
- 5706/2 or NVQ2 chef qualification, or equivalent
About the Company
Sodexo andour clients are committed tosafeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roleswill require applicants toundergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.