Chef de Partie
We currently have an opportunity for a Chef de Partie to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Takes care of daily food preparation and duties assigned to them to meet the standard and the quality of food.
- Follows the instructions and recommendations from the Head Chef to complete the daily tasks.
- Coordinates daily tasks with the Head Chef.
- Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
- Ensure highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
- Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
- Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards.
- Follows good preservation standards for the proper handling of all food products at the right temperature.
- Operate and maintain all department equipment and reporting of malfunctioning.
- Ensure effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment.
- Establishing and maintaining effective inter-departmental working relationships.
- Responsible for hygiene, safety and correct use of equipment and utensils.
- Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim.
- Checks periodically expiry dates and proper storage of food items in the section.
- Consults daily with Head Chef on the daily requirements, functions and also about any last minute events.
- Should be able to set an example to others for personal hygiene and cleanliness on and off duty.
- Daily feedback collection and reporting of issues as they arise.
- Carry out any other duties as required by management.
The Ideal Candidate
- A high standard of spoken and written English.
- Flexible working hours subject to the demands of the business.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Excellent culinary catering talent.
40 hours per week, usual operation is Monday - Friday Lunch and Evening service. Weekends will be required as per business needs.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.