Chef - University of Nottingham
We currently have an opportunity for a Chef to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Prepare all food in a prompt and efficient manner and ensure all meals are served at the required time.
- Ensure all food safety and health and safety regulations are met.
- To ensure that all food is prepared with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies.
- To order all stock and carry out stock takes.
- To attend meetings and training courses as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to Food Hygiene and Health and Safety.
- Passionate about food and to be creative with new menu ideas for the sports café.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to verbally communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Literate and numerate
We are looking for a keen and passionate chef to join our team. We operate a 70 seater sports café alongside onsite hospitality.
We prepare our made to order breakfast, soups, salads, sandwiches and hot main dishes alongside cakes and pastries.
We are looking for someone who wants to be a part of this exciting business who can bring their own flare to the food and enjoys cooking tasty and healthier food.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support exforces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland