Do you thrive at providing an excellent service and do you have experience in catering management? Sodexo are recruiting for an experienced Chef Manager to manage the delivery of catering services at one of our client sites in Banbury. We are looking for a Chef Manager with a proven track record, who is innovative, wants to grow professionally and is looking for a challenge.
This is a fantastic role for someone with great leadership behaviours, strength in building client relationships, influencing skills as well as development of commercially viable solutions based on rigorous techniques.
This is primarily a Monday – Friday role however flexibility may be required to meet business needs.
- Ensure the prompt provision and efficient service of all meals and catering requirements at the specified time to the standards laid down in the KPI's
- Be the face of the food service and own the service front and back of house
- Ensure that all costs and expenditure are within the budgeted levels agreed between the Client and Sodexo and unit is trading in line with budget targets. Control all costs such as labour, expenses, cash purchases as agreed with your line manager.
- Ensure that methods of preparation, production and presentation comply with Sodexo’s standards and procedures.
- Development of current and future food offers
- To seek innovative & effective ways of promotion & display of all initiatives
- Maintain levels of stock, cash, local credit and debt outstanding to the agreed establishment targets.
The Ideal Candidate
- Must have one of the following qualifications or equivalent: - BSC (Catering), MHCIM, HND, City and Guilds 706/1 and 2, NVQ level 2 and 3 and possess an intermediate level food safety certificate
- Demonstrate two years’ experience of working in a similar role within the service industry at a comparable level in a company
- Proven experience in catering sector, including stock management, cash control and customer service
- Good numerical and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Proven experience of managing client and/or customer relationship
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- CIEH level 3 qualification or equivalent
- IOSH qualification or equivalent
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process