We currently have an opportunity for a Chef Manager to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To manage all day to day aspects of preparation and presentation of the food service offer to the Company's standards
- Prepare food to the highest standard of quality at all times
- Manage food ordering to the required company standard.
- Follow recipes and instruction, as directed by line manager and in accordance to the required food offer
- To provide an efficient and friendly service to customers in all areas of the catering department
- To ensure that food is presented and served in a clean, hygienic environment
- Driving sales and promoting service excellence
- Ensure all necessary documentation is completed to comply with company and industry standards
- To communicate well with customers and demonstrate a helpful attitude at all times
- To undertake cleaning and ensure all aspects of equipment and production area cleaning is completed: walls up to 6ft, floors, fixtures, fittings, pots, pans, cutlery, crockery, glassware etc., to the Company’s standard according to the cleaning rota or as directed
- To attend/receive any job-related training as required
- Report all accidents and near misses in accordance to the health & safety documentation
- Wear the correct uniform at all times
- Meet the demands of customers by providing the correct catering services within the agreed SLA contract agreement
- Ensure financial documentation and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted levels as directed by line manager
- Manage the quality and hygiene of the food cycle from delivery through to service; checking deliveries and taking and recording all temperatures, as required.
- Actively enforce relevant statutory, company and site H&S compliance together with the monitoring of related equipment
- Motivate and lead the kitchen production team to perform their roles to a high standard and in alignment to Sodexo policies and procedures.
- Actively seek and identify opportunities for business growth within the contract.
- Ensure expenditure is within the budget levels agreed between the Client and Sodexo. Monitor all costs such as labour, disposables and cash purchases as directed by line manager.
- Ensure tariff prices are correct and all catering services are costed and charged according to the terms of the contract using company tools and procedures as directed by line manager.
- Maintain levels of stock and carry out stock takes.
- Ensure that methods of preparation, production and presentation comply with Sodexo’s standards and procedures.
- Comply with all Company & Client policies, site rules and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place.
- Ensure that all equipment used, is in safe working order and report any faults to line manager, ensuring the equipment is not used until safe.
Additional Ad-hoc Duties:
- To assist/manage any special functions, some of which may occur outside working hours
- To rectify or report any customer complaints or compliments, take some remedial action if possible and report to line manager.
- To report immediately any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food, or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate or possible
- To attend meetings and training courses as may be necessary
- To provide cover in other areas during periods of holidays and sickness, including deputising for line manager.
- To deliver a consistent level of service, within the Company's high standards, to the contract specification and agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Work on own initiative
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible approach to role
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- 706/2 or NVQ2 chef qualification, or equivalent
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.