We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Chef Manager to support the team in the delivery of a high-quality customer focussed services across our new site, to meet the needs of the visitors and staff at this new prestigious London Private clinic near Bond Street, central London.
Youll deliver the highest possible standards of food service (as per the specification) for patients, visitors and staff whilst delivering effective and efficient services, that meet contractual obligations, KPIs and agreed company policies and procedures.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
- Assist the Management Team to deliver budgeted profit and turnover for services and accounts
- Responsible for ensuring compliance of own team with all Company and Client policies and procedures whilst proactively responding to prevent and deal with issues of non-conformance
- Be responsible for compliance on food and H&S legislation, ensuring effective communications with the local EHO and taking all necessary actions within area of responsibility
- Responsible for financial management of the allocated budget for area ensuring that stock levels, wastage and labour are effectively managed
- Responsible for liaising with dietary specialists to further enhance the patient dining offer
- Ensure achievement of high levels of client and service user satisfaction, and monitor these on regular basis
- Establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation
- Be responsible for visual audits and ensuring maintenance takes place of all equipment associated with all aspects of the Catering Services
- Champion the CARES programme to ensure all staff are committed to delivering high levels of customer service at all times communicated
- Pro-actively look to recommend improvements to your work processes by providing suggestions and solutions
The Ideal Candidate
- City & Guilds 706 Levels 1&2 or NVQ equivalent qualification
- Proven experience of leading a team within a comparable service environment
- Proven experience of managing to budget requirements within a catering service
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors, colleagues, clients
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and professionally dealing with stressful and changeable situations
- Experience of delivering relevant training, using company guidelines
- Financial awareness
- Understanding of relevant Health and Safety, Employment and other legislative requirements
- Strong attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Proven IT skills, ability to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- IOSH qualification.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week, flexibility is a must.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ideal candidate on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.