This is an excellent opportunity to develop your craft skills in a large contract. We currently have an opportunity for an Chef Manager, with excellent communication skills to lead the catering operation for a prep school that is part of the Clifton College estate, delivering a lunch service to up to 350 children.
The role will suit experienced Chef Managers with excellent communication and craft skills and enjoy investing time in enhancing customer experience and meeting the needs of students so that they can thrive in their learning environment.
The role is predominantly working Monday to Friday 44 weeks per year, with flexibility to support events and functions in the main college building at weekends and in the evening.
- Lead the delivery and production of quality food and service for students at the prep school, ensuring fresh food from scratch and excellent customer service
- Manage a team of 6 to ensure a high quality service is delivered, providing coaching and training when required.
- Develop a food offering to ensure it consistently meets the needs of our customer
- Manage all aspects of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Ensure financial documentation, costings and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted levels
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience as a Chef Manager, with excellent craft/cookery skills
- Experience of managing a team in a catering environment
- Flexible approach to working to meet the needs of the operation
- Excellent communication skills
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments and innovations
- Personal innovation and passion for quality food
- Experience working in a standards/compliance environment
Working 44 weeks per year
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.