Chef Manager (Term Time Only)
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Chef Manager, with excellent cookery and communication skills to lead the catering operation for a secondary school in Enfield.
The role will suit engaging Chef Managers with a strong attention to compliance and comfortable combining both cooking and administration in their role, teamed with a passion for food and customer experience.
This role offers working 39 weeks per year – Monday to Friday, 7.30 – 3pm.
- Lead the preparation, delivery and production of quality food for approx. 1,000 students on site across breakfast, lunch and break periods.
- Manage a light hospitality offering for buffet lunches and internal functions.
- Manage a kitchen team of 7 to ensure a high quality service is delivered, providing coaching and training when required.
- Develop a food offering to ensure it consistently meets the needs of our customer including allergens and nutrition
- Manage all aspects of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Ensure financial documentation, costings and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted levels
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience as a Catering Manager, Chef Manager or Head Chef, within a similar environment
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Experience of managing a team to deliver service excellence
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments and innovations
- Experience working in a standards/compliance environment
- NVQ Chef/Catering qualifications or equivalent
- Good administration skills
Working Monday to Friday, term time only
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.