Chef Manager (Catering)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in our Healthcare segment!
This is a great role if you are looking for a good work life balance and the ability to show your flair and innovation.
We are currently looking to recruit a Chef Manager to lead the catering operation for a prestigious private healthcare facility in Tunbridge Wells. In this role, you will ensure the highest standard of customer service in an environment similar to that of a 5* boutique hotel.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
- Efficient management of patient and employee dining operation for a 40 bed private hospital, including bed side services
- Manage a team of 10 to deliver a high quality service at all times and continuously improve standards
- Delivery of high end private hospital food as per service level agreement, Company policy and current legislation.
- Control and monitor the financial performance of the unit and to maintain costs within pre-budgeted targets
- Establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation
- Implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally within a hotel, 4/5* restaurant or private hospital
- Experience of managing a team in a similar environment
- Good financial awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- IT literate
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene and Health & Safety
- City & Guilds 1 & 2 Catering or NVQ equivalent
**Evidence of qualifications must be provided at interview stage
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week, weekends maybe included to cover the needs of the business
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.