Chef / Catering Manager
We currently have an opportunity for a Chef / Catering Manager to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To organise and be assisted with the preparation and presentation of all meals service (participating as necessary) at the required time, being provided to the standard laid down in the Service Level Agreement and to the Client's, Customer's and Sodexos satisfaction.
- To present a smart and professional image at all times.
- To ensure that all food is prepared with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies. Food items to be presented to at least the minimum standards set out in the Style Guide
- To organise any special function as required and to the correct standard, some of which may occur outside of normal working hours.
- To establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation.
- To ensure that the Company's accountancy, documentation and administration procedures are carried out to the laid down standard and that the necessary weekly returns are completed accurately and sent to the appointed office on time. This may be electronically, paper-based, or both, as instructed.
- To control and monitor the financial performance of the unit and to maintain costs within pre-budgeted targets.
- To maintain the standards and integrity of the service offer and Service Level Agreement at all times. To carry out a daily service audit and perform activities detailed in the service offer manual under Key Performance Indicators to the frequency and level required.
- To implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of food and personal hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary.
- To take all necessary steps to ensure maximum security of the kitchen, store, office, safe and monies and any other areas under the Sodexos control.
- To recruit, interview, control and discipline staff according to the needs of the unit and within the procedure laid down by the Company. To maintain an accurate, up-to-date personnel records for all staff as laid down in the Unit Personnel Manual. To keep records of any potential disciplinary issues and keep the Account Manager and Human Resources Manager informed of these.
- To ensure all new staff are given a thorough induction into their job, the unit and the Company. To monitor the performance of staff, carry out performance reviews and provide training and coaching as necessary, and record on the appropriate documents. Actively identify and nurture talent within the team to further meet expectations of client and Sodexo.
- To have special regard to the welfare of the establishment staff, and to organise regular and effective staff meetings such as team huddles.
- To ensure the correct compilation of the payroll to the latest regulations. To ensure that all Statutory Regulations and Company Policy concerning the staff are adhered to.
- To have regular contact with the Account Manager and to produce any reports as necessary pertaining to current site activity or events.
- Utilisation of the schools closed Facebook Best in Class application to post activity and to gain best practice ideas from business colleagues is highly advised.
- Attend to any reasonable requests made by the Account Manager.
- IRREGULAR DUTIES:
- To relieve and assist in other establishments in certain circumstances.
- To attend to and take all necessary action, statutory and otherwise in the event of accident, fire, loss, theft, lost property, damage, unfit food or other irregularities and complete the necessary return and/or reports.
- To attend meetings and training courses as requested. These may include travel and/or overnight accommodation which Sodexo will cover the costs for.
- To, after a period of 12 months, train and act as a buddy for new managers within a geographical region.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong level of literacy and numeracy
- Enhanced DBS Clearance
- 706/2 or NVQ2 chef qualification, or equivalent
- Previous catering experience and a Great Passion for Food and Team Engagement
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels
- Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Computer literacy
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Self-motivated, sense of own initiative and the ability to meet target deadlines as set by the Account Manager
- Ability to work effectively as part of and in the development of a team with a flexible approach to role and to successfully implement change
- 706/3 or NVQ3 chef hospitality qualification, or equivalent
- Previous experience of catering management and employee engagement
- Experience of managing and developing a team in an educational establishment
- Gross Margin and Selling Price Calculations
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of delivering training using company guidelines
- Good standard of financial acumen
- Ability to develop increasing individual effectiveness through leadership, motivation, communication, coaching and training
Position as a Chef/Cook at Abbey Park School, Swindon
38 hours per week, term time only 38 weeks per year + 5 days, £9.50p/h
For further information please contact Nicole Owen on 07753 578701
To apply please send your CV to Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.