We are currently looking to recruit a Centre Administrator to effectively administrate and load Command Leadership & Management (CLM) bids for Colchester Garrison’s AOR and provide primary clerical assistance and administrative support to 18 AEC’s Headquarters.
As Centre Administrator you must proactively seek to fill all CLM courses and efficiently manage course amendments, ensuring enquiries are answered effectively.
- Administrate and load CLM and soldier education courses in accordance with Ministry of Defence (MOD) policy
- Manage pre and post course administration for all military courses
- Maintain effective communication with Colchester Garrison’s individual Unit Career Management departments
- Provide 1st line course loading advice to Service personnel
- Provide first point of contact assistance for all personal development and military education opportunities
- Ensure course material is up to date and well stocked
- Co-ordinate administrative support for all ad hoc programmes and examinations
- Take minutes for meetings as directed by 18 AEC’s OC or Group Manager
- Provide administrative support as and when required e.g. filing, photocopying, typing, faxing and other relevant administrative tasks
- Update and record learner records on JPA and SharePoint databases as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to tight timeframes
- Good IT skills
- NVQ in administration
- IT qualification
- Experience in working in a military environment
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.