Central Production Unit Manager (CPU)
As CPU Manager, you'll have overall accountability and responsibility for all aspects of the food production operation within the CPU including purchasing, storage, preparation, cooking, packaging and distribution of a rage of ambient, chilled and frozen dishes or ingredients to various kitchens within Colchester PFI contract in an efficient, safe and profitable manner.
You'll ensure that all UK and EU food safety legislation and other risk analysis systems where appropriate are in place and embracethe principles of Collaborative Business Relationships (BS11000), in line with Sodexos vision and values.
Colchester PFI is one of the most ambitious PFI projects undertaken, Merville Barracks is the home of the 16 Air Assault Brigade with 3500 military personnel on site. We are the showcase and benchmark for Sodexo global defence, helping to lead on strategy and vision for the future
We are a key partner to the Ministry of Defence, running services at major UK and overseas military bases which improve quality of life for our military personnel. The impact of change and uncertainty as consolidation occurs throughout the armed forces, set against a backdrop of todays rapidly changing world, makes the preservation of high standards even more important than ever. We are dedicated to delivering the best quality as well as cost-efficiency in the delivery of infrastructure, facilities management, catering, retail and leisure services to the armed forces community
Were proud that our work has a significant bearing on morale, retention and recruitment.
- Lead your team to deliver excellence in service, ensuring they are motivated, engaged and getting the most from their roles, holding regular 1:1's, performance reviews etc
- Ensure that robust control procedures are implemented and maintained so as to minimise wastage/shrinkage during production, the storage and distribution of stock and to maintain the security of the premise, stock, cash and physical assets
- Prepare and present the annual budget and business plan in conjunction with the Food Services Manager, Guest Services Manager and Commercial Finance Manager
- Ensure all financial and trading deadlines are met to ensure accurate and compliant budgetary and financial controls - efective P&L management of the contract to deliver on budget
- Comply with all company and client policies, site rules and statutory regulations relating to health and safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place and correct utilisation of required personal protective equipment
- Develop and maintain a range of cook chill products suitable for chilling/freezing and reheating that meet the client/customer requirements
- Maintain and record daily formal and informal communications with client and customers
*please see attached job description for further details
The Ideal Candidate
Competitive salary of 36,000plus benefits includingpension,bonus, andflexible benefits
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a flexible benefits scheme allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs whichincludes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave to name but a few.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promotingdiscounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed tosafeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roleswill require applicants toundergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process tofurther engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ideal candidate on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.