Central Accommodation Booking Service (CABS) Operator
We are looking for a Central Accommodation Booking Service (CABS) Operator to help with:
- Operation of the Central Accommodation booking system
- Attend meetings relevant to CABS with CABS manager
- To continue to develop one’s own skills and knowledge within the position, including any required training courses
- To maintain excellent client/customer relationships
- To attend team huddles
- To attend your PDR to discuss and agree job performance, objectives and development activities
- To maintain professional work standards always
- To care for all company equipment and ensure that any faults are reported to management
- To take adequate steps to ensure the security of company and client property
- Ensure that all written communication represents a professional image to customers, clients and staff
- Action customer compliments by praising colleagues and resolve complaints satisfactorily, referring to your line manager where necessary
- To continually monitor all H&S standards in all service operations and ensure they are maintained at the required level
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks and/or instructions as directed by management within agreed deadlines
- Follow SSOW and demonstrate safe behaviour
- Positively contribute to passing all internal and external audits
The Ideal Candidate
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of having worked with the public/military either through telephone contact or face-to-face.
- Desirable to have a working knowledge of the military chain of command
- People management skills.
- Knowledge of health & safety
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
Contextual or other information
- Communication skills.
- Attention to detail necessary with careful planning to meet timescales.
- Methodical record keeping, document completion and filing.
- Reliable and flexible.
- Self-Disciplined and well organised
- Good team player
- Brand Ambassador
We are looking for someone that has the ability to work in a busy environment and speak to customers at a variety of levels. Be accurate and organised and working as a committed team member. The main responsibility for this role is to operate a room booking service using bespoke software on behalf of our client.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business