Catering and Retail Manager (Costcutter Store/Cafe Bar)
We are looking to recruit a commercially focussed Retail Catering Manager to oversee a Café Bar and Costcutter store within a student living site in Lincoln. This is a vibrant and busy environment offering good levels of footfall and public facing services. With good experience within the retail and food sector and a passion for excellent customer experience, you will drive the business to ensure an efficient student retail journey and profitable business.
Find out about our Careers in Universities
- Oversee the delivery of service and food quality for a Café Bar, ensuring food products and beverages are prepared and presented to a high quality and service is efficient and customer focused.
- Lead the store management of a Costcutter outlet, ensuring effective marketing of convenience products and an engaging customer journey
- Engage, develop and manage teams to ensure rotas are covered and is training provided to ensure teams are inspired to deliver great customer service
- Maintain cleanliness and hygiene, complying with company policies and procedures
- All equipment, fixtures and fittings are maintained and are safe for use.
- Cash is strictly controlled, all staff adhere to the Cash Handling Policy
- Stock is strictly controlled maintained in line with company policies and delegation of authority procedures
- Marketing through various means, maximising selling opportunities, and patronage and customer loyalty.
- Have a thorough understanding and regularly review the department’s compliance with licensing requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in retail and/or catering services
- Good IT skills
- Demonstrates customer service skills
- Strong Communication skills
- Experience in working within a safety culture
- Familiar with Sodexo Policies and procedures
- Health and safety qualification
- Personal License holder
Plus access to a range of fantastic benefits, discounts and corporate incentives
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.