Catering and Hospitality Manager
This is an excellent opportunity to enhance your management career in a prestigious environment. As Catering and Hospitality Manager, you will lead a busy catering and hospitality operation for an Independent music boarding school, providing accountability for the delivery of core feeding services and hospitality portfolio that includes a concert hall for conferences. This is a prestigious contract and will therefore provide the opportunity to showcase your leadership skills and develop within a growing business.
This position will suit proactive managers, who are passionate about food quality, high standards of service and developing strong client relationships to take the business to the next level.
Find out about our Careers in Schools
- Oversee the efficient management of the daily catering services for up to 400 pupils and staff, ensuring quality fresh food and high standards of service delivery
- Lead and plan a hospitality operation which includes summer school, schools events and functions and conferences.
- Effectively lead, engage and develop a team of 20, to ensure high levels of service excellence and team engagement.
- Control and monitor the financial performance of the unit and to maintain costs within pre-budgeted targets.
- Ensure all food is prepared fresh and to a high standard as per service level agreement, Company policy and current legislation.
- Establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation.
- Implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in a catering management role, with high expectation of service standards.
- Demonstrable experience of leading hospitality and events
- Strong leadership experience, with a passion and commitment to succeed
- Excellent customer focus and ability to communicate at all levels
- Experience of managing a large team and busy operation within a prestigious environment
- Strong attention to detail and passionate about service development
- Confidence to lead, develop and engage teams
- Good financial awareness
- Passion for delivering great food and service
- Strong adherence to Food Hygiene and Health & Safety
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.