We currently have an opportunity for aCatering Supervisorto join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Strategic planning, co-ordination, implementation and improvement of service delivery systems from an operational perspective.
- To develop the Sodexo patient feeding and retail offers using in house, and own initiatives.
- To build an effective working relationship with the all staff to ensure the efficient delivery of the food services required in the retail, patient dinning and areas of responsibility.
- To build an effective working relationship with all staff to ensure efficient delivery of the food services required to the patients at the ward and department level.
- Responsible for all aspects of food managment into the retail areas and patient feeding.
- To conduct regular team briefs with the Catering team and minute these.
- To attend regular management meetings (some of which will be client facing)
- To be responsible for the ordering, counting, finiancial accountablity and security of stock for use in all catering areas.
- To be responsible for the development, delivery and promotion of events and attractions to increase use of the retail facilities and when appropriate in the patient feeding department (i.e Christmas)
- To develop, refine, communicate and execute company policy and procedures designed to achieve high standards of serice delivery across all catering operations.
- To ensure that each retail outlet achieves its financial targets.
- To ensure that the patient feeding account achieves its financial targets and to report of financial figures.
- To maintain the reputation of company brands and ensure they are applied appriopriately for delivering the service offer.
- To assist in conducting patient and customer surveys
- To encourage innovative ideas ans solutions to solve operational problems.
- To comply with the HSWA, Food Safety and COSHH regulations (including the maintaining of Health & Safety and Temperature records)
- To maintain company quality control procedures.
- To continue to develop ones own skills and knowledge within the position.
- To identify the training requirements of the catering team through conducting staff 6 monthly and annual PDRs
- To train catering staff 6 monthly and annual Food Safety and Health & Safety using the GREAT cards
- To train catering staff CORE skills using the GREAT cards
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous Supervisory Skills
- Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Intermediate Health and Safety Certificate
- Previous Catering experience
- Previous Supervisory Skills
A part time vacancies as Retail Catering Supervisor currently exists in our high profile services based within Birmingham Children's Hospital.
You will supervisor vending, various coffee outlets and a staff and visitor restaurant .
Our opening hours are Monday to Sunday from 0630-2000 and hours will be to support the needs of the service during these times.
22.5 hours .( to be discussed at interview) over 3/4 days
Candidates must be flexible to support the needs of the business and have excellent customer service and teamwork skills, knowledge of a branded coffee would be preferred and previous sales and team leading experience.
The ability to deliver brand standards is essential, along with maintaining high standards of food safety within the unit.
This is initially a six month fixed term contact .
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.