We currently have an opportunity for a factory operative to join our team at the CPU. This is a great opportunity for an individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To assist as directed with all vegetable and raw material preparation, bespoke packaging and labelling
- Assist as directed with decanting, cooking, chilling and labelling of chilled products
- As directed, help with the preparation, assembly and packaging of high risk perishable products
- To assist with the preparation and packaging of raw meat products
- Operate, dismantle and cleaning of production machinery, all in a safe controlled manner
- Ensure all work areas are kept clean and tidy
- To strictly follow and adhere to all factory hygiene and cleaning procedures
- Correct wearing and use of PPE in line with factory requirements at all times
- Keep accurate records as required for any given activity within the factory
- To follow all company policies and procedures with respect to food safety, quality control and health and safety at all times
- Report any faulty equipment to management and any dangerous occurrences or near misses
- To be fully flexible to the company needs
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in a food factory environment
- Basic knowledge of food preparation and knife skills
- Flexible approach to working (multi skilled team movement can be reactive to business needs or changing on hour to hour basis)
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- To be able to work under some pressure to meet daily output requirements
- Read and understand instructions, product specifications, scales and temperature probes
- Ability to write legibly to complete in process due diligence paperwork
- Ability to work in a chilled temperature environment
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.