This is an excellent opportunity to enhance your catering management career. We are working in conjunction with Kings School to recruit a Catering Manager with a real can do attitude to manage the large, dedicated kitchen brigade of this prestigious school. A team player with a caring attitude, you will be keen to be involved with the detail of catering for our pupils and staff as well as at functions and it is imperative that you are passionate about achieving high service standards on a daily basis.
Learn here about our Careers in Schools
- Efficient management of the daily catering services for pupils and staff across breakfast, lunch and dinner, ensuring that food is delivered to a high standard
- Oversee a busy hospitality and events operation
- Effectively lead and develop a team of approx. 40 to deliver an outstanding service to client, customers and students.
- Control and monitor the financial performance of the unit and to maintain costs within pre-budgeted targets.
- Ensure all food is prepared fresh and to a high standard as per service level agreement, Company policy and current legislation.
- Establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation.
- Implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in a catering or general management role, with high expectation of service standards. Experience of hospitality and events an advantage.
- Experience of managing a team within a catering environment
- Attention to detail and passionate about service development
- Confidence to lead and engage teams
- Good financial awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for delivering great food and service
- Strong adherence to Food Hygiene and Health & Safety
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.