As Catering Manager for Avon & Somerset Police HQ, you'll oversee the day to day catering and leisure function(s), lead, develop and motivatehigh performing and supportive team, andprovide support, 'stepping in' to Head Chef role when needed
We're seekingan experienced catering professionalwho enjoys both aleadership and occasional'hands on'role?
By joining our team you get the opportunity to rununique catering and hospitality functions with the added bonus of not having to work regular unsocial hours such as frequent split shifts, weekends and evenings Our role offers you this with the core hours being Monday to Friday withrare weekend requirements when necessary to support/oversee the team during major functions
We operate in both central and local government.
Our wealth of experience means we are able to transfer best practices from the corporate sector to create better working environments in the public sector. We bring services that increase employee engagement, wellbeing and productivity to the public sector to help support government to deliver on its promised outcomes while reducing costs.
In a variety of other public services, including the emergency services, our goal is to improve service outcomes and reduce costs to the taxpayer.
- Oversee the day to day catering and leisure function(s)
- Lead, develop and motivatehigh performing and supportive team
- Ensure procedures are being following and processes are effecient with a focus on continuous improvement
- Provide support and 'stepping in' to Head Chef role when needed
- Maintain the standards and integrity of the service offer and Service Level Agreement at all times. Carry out a daily service audit and perform activities detailed in the service offer manual under Key Performance Indicators to the frequency and level required.
- Implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary
- Take all necessary steps to ensure maximum security of the kitchen, store, office, safe and monies and any other areas under the Sodexhos control.
- Recruit, interview, and performance managecolleagues according to the needs of the unit and within the procedure laid down by the Company. Maintain accurate, up-to-date personnel records for all staff as laid down in the Unit Personnel Manual.
*Full job description attached below.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven team leadership experience, ideally acatering team.
- Experience of delivering training using company guidelines
- Good standard of financial acumen, experience of managing budgets
- Ability to develop increasing individual effectiveness through leadership, motivation, communication, coaching and training
- Trained in Microsoft Package (Word; Excel; Powerpoint).
- Experience of working successfully with accrediting and regulatory bodies and implementing associated programmes of Health & Safety.
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability tocommunicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Self-motivated, sense of own initiative
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible approach to role
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Ideally IOSH qualified.
Competitive salary of 21,000-28,000DOE + pension, flexible benefits scheme - able to 'buy' additional benefits including holiday through salary sacrifice.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promotingdiscounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed tosafeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roleswill require applicants toundergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process tofurther engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ideal candidate on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.