If youre an experienced food services professional looking for your next move then this could be the role for you.
We have an opportunity for a Catering Manager to be based at one of our Corporate Services contracts in Knowsley Liverpool.
- To organise and lead the preparation and presentation of all meals service at the required times and to the required high standard.
- To ensure that the Company and Statutory Regulations pertaining to the safe and hygienic operation of the kitchen and ancillary areas are adhered to by all members of staff and visitors in the absence of management.
- To manage menu planning, rotas, orders, and receiving, checking and storing deliveries as requested. To complete the menu purchase planner and recipe cards for all main meals.
- To ensure all staff are working hygienically at all times.
- To assist the General Service Manager to recruit, support, control and discipline staff according to the needs of the unit within the procedure laid down by the company. To keep records of any disciplinary issues and keep the General Service Manager and Human Resources Manager informed of these.
- To take all necessary steps to ensure maximum security of the kitchen, store, office and any other areas under Sodexo control.
- To assist as may be required with the services and cleaning down of the unit.
- To assist the Management to monitor the performance of staff and provide training and coaching as necessary.
- To prepare all food with due care and attention. Ensure care is taken with regards to special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies.
- To carry out any reasonable request by management.
The Ideal Candidate
- Intermediate food hygiene certificate
- IOSH managing safely
- 706/2 or NVQ2 chef qualification, or equivalent
- Previous experience of catering management
- Experience of managing a team
- Good standard of financial acumen
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients and staff at all levels
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Sense of own initiative
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible approach to role
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process