Catering Manager (Term Time Only)
We currently have an opportunity for a Chef/Catering Manager, with excellent cookery and communication skills to lead the student catering operation for a secondary school in County Durham.
The role will suit ambitious Kitchen Managers with a passion for innovation and skilled in food delivery and customer experience.
This role offers working 42 weeks per year – Monday to Friday
- Lead the preparation, delivery and production of quality food for students across breakfast, lunch and break periods – Identifying opportunities to grow and develop the customer base, including a new café.
- Manage a kitchen team of 4 to ensure a high quality service is delivered, providing coaching and training when required.
- Develop a food offering to ensure it consistently meets the needs of our customer including allergens and nutrition,
- Manage all aspects of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Ensure financial documentation, costings and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted levels
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience as a Catering Manager, Chef Manager or Head Chef, within a similar environment
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Experience of managing a team to deliver service excellence
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments and innovations
- Experience working in a standards/compliance environment
- NVQ Chef/Catering qualifications or equivalent
- Good administration skills
Working 42 weeks per year
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.