Catering Manager (Term Time Only)
We are looking to recruit a Catering Manager to lead the catering team at an Independent Prep School in the heart of SW London, offering wonderful facilities and new kitchen and dining facilities. The role will suit Managers with innovative ideas to influence young customers and a passion for fresh ingredients, craft and food presentation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work at a beautiful site and manage a great team to develop the business and make a real difference.
- Efficient management of prep school catering services, including breakfast, lunch and break services for up to 600 students aged 5-11, with a strong focus on nutritional wellbeing.
- Management of hospitality services, including some evening functions
- Effectively develop and engage a catering team to deliver an outstanding service to client, customers and students.
- Control and monitor the financial performance of the unit and to maintain costs within pre-budgeted targets.
- Ensure all food is prepared fresh and to a high standard as per service level agreement, Company policy and current legislation.
- Establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation.
- Implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in a similar Catering Manager role, ideally with a craft/Chef background
- Excellent catering experience and passion for fresh food and current trends
- Flexible approach to working hours to meet the needs of the business
- Experience of managing a team within a catering environment
- Good financial awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for delivering great food and service
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene and Health & Safety
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.