The role of the Catering Assistant is to carry out all duties to the required standard for the provision of the catering services within the Hospital. To communicate with the Catering Co-ordinator and Management any problems and potential improvements in providing the service and to work to achieve departmental objectives
- To ensure the Company’s statutory regulations regarding hygiene, food safety, health and safety and cleanliness in the kitchen and ancillary areas are complied with in all tasks undertaken by staff and by visitors.
- To provide high personal standards of performance, hygiene and appearance
- Operating and cleaning the dishwasher machines, and other large and small equipment, and ensuring the standards of hygiene and cleanliness of all washed items meet the requirements of the departmental policies and procedures.
- Carrying out all the cleaning duties as agreed cleaning procedures and practices, and ensuring a high standard of personal hygiene and practices are maintained in accordance with the Catering Hygiene Policy, and ensuring the safe use of detergents following the COSHH policy.
- Recording all breakages in the record book.
- To report accidents and near misses within 24 hours.
- Follow key procedures and sign in/out all keys.
- Accurately record all food waste.
- Ensure queue busting initiatives are followed the restaurant to ensure minimum queuing time as per the contract ( maximum 10 minutes)
- Hand in all lost property to management
- Label all food items correctly as per instructions
- Ensuring the safe and secure handling of keys as required in the appropriate section.
- Taking and recording food and food storage temperatures in accordance with the departmental procedures and reporting any problems with this.
- Assisting in supporting new staff during departmental induction and training.
- Respecting at all times the patients well being and privacy and their legal right to confidentiality.
- Ensuring the safe operation of all equipment and machinery within the section and reporting of faults to the Senior Person on duty.
- Undertaking catering duties within other service areas as required.
- Attending in-house and external training courses required appropriate for the department, and adhering to all department and Trust policies and procedures and attending training sessions relevant to these.
- Completing all documentation relating to the Quality system and any departmental requirements
- Deliver Hospitality functions and ensure that they are collected back in
- Setting up hospitality functions
- Take care of all company property and report any problems
- Prepare front of house counters and to merchandise the shop floor.
- Upselling and cross selling all retail items
- Ensuring that all customers receive fantastic customer service
- Ensure that all promotions are being offered to customers
- Ensure stock rotation is happening in all areas
- Ensure cleaning rota is being completed and that all areas are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness.
- Complete toilet check sheet daily
- Operating and cashing up tills and following departmental cash procedures.
- Recording all waste on correct documentation and through the tills
- Restocking shelves on the shop floor daily
- Ensuring the stock room is kept clean and tidy and all items are stored on shelving.
- Aiding in stock taking when required
- Ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring that all shelf edging is present and correct on all displays
- Cleaning of the COSTA coffee machine and all other relevant tasks associated with the machines. Ensuring that all relevant paper work is filled in relating to the machines.
- Cleaning the Aspretto coffee machine and ensuring that the machine is replenished
- Completing breakages record and disposing of items safely
- To report any compliments, complaints or incident of theft, fire, accident, loss, damage or other irregularity and take such action as is necessary or practicable
- Operating EPOS tills and ensuring that they are closed down correctly
- Ensuring that the correct till button is used for eat in and take away customers
- Ensure Lone Working Risk Assessment is followed and adhered to.
- Ensure that 30% discount is only given to staff who presents a valid ID badge.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to understand detailed instruction
- Ability to understand and adhere to current legislation at all times
- Good communications skills
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good literacy and numeracy skill