We currently have an opportunity for a Catering Assistant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
As a Catering Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the preparation and serving of all meals and beverages to customers
- Ensuring that the kitchen and service areas are clean and tidy
- Ensuring health and safety regulations are followed
- Cleanliness and replenishing of vending machines
- Maintaining outstanding levels of customer service, processing sales quickly, accurately and efficiently, cash register operations and safe guarding company assets
- General cleaning of the food areas
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- The ability to accurately process information/merchandise through the Till system with a good standard of numeracy
- Excellent customer service skills
- First class communication skills and demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to demonstrate great team work
- This is a 24 month Fixed Term Contract when the position will be reviewed
- We operate Demand Led Scheduling that will be discussed in detail at interview
- Rate of pay £10.26 per hour
- Working 00.00 (midnight ) Monday to Friday
- Saturday morning working from 09.30 - 12.30 as required
- Duties include - setting up counters ready for a busy meal service, serving on counters and tills during service, plate wash and pot wash duties, filling and cleaning vending machines, hygiene and cleaning duties.
- We require our staff to have excellent communication skills to enable Sodexo to continue to provide our Clients and customers with excellent customer service
- We require our staff to be flexible and versatile to meet the needs of our Clients and customers
- Previous catering experience preferred but more importantly is having strong customer service skills
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.