Category Manager (Hard FM)
Reporting to the Senior Category Manager, as Category Manager, you'll manage the assigned Hard FM categories within the scope of responsibility, increasingthe international coverage of the managed area, drivingefficiency and commercial competitiveness for the UK & I.
You'll also work with global supply management buying teams to implement global categories to the UK & I.
We have manysuccess stories within this business area, if you are a high performer with high potential then there will be opportunity to further develop your career.
Service Operations is the part of our business that supports segment development by providing expertise and process standardisation across all segments. Service Operations leverages our global expertise and best practice to bring the best of Sodexo to all of our clients. It includes everything from FM expertise to food development through to bid support, health and safety, and contract design and management.
- Lead a sourcing strategy across the UK & I covering both technical and quality performance for the service lines.
- Design and implement category strategies which significantly improve the commercial performance at regional level whilst maintaining compliance to company policy and standards and mitigating all risk
*please see attached job description below for full details
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience in Buying / Category Management
- Knowledge of Hard FM categories as below *
- Proven-track records in contract negotiation
- Strong presentation skills both verbally and written
- Team player with excellent communication and influencing skills
- Financial acumen and result orientated
- Ability in working in a multi-cultural and matrix environment
- Fluency in English; French / Spanish highly desirable
- Flexible for international travel where required
- Graduate calibre and working towards CIPS/ISM or equivalent qualification
*Hard FM - additional
- Experience in specific Hard FM sub categories e.g. Lifts, Fire and Security, Water treatment, electrical wholesalers
- Experience of Pharma, Heath or Public Sector FM Operations
- Experience of procuring sub-contractors across Hard FM
- Knowledge of Construction and Civils project works procurement methodologies
*Please ensure this evidence is clear on your CV, with thanks
Competitive Salary plus Band B legacy Benefits including bonus, pension, flexible benefits scheme etc
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promotingdiscounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.