We currently have an opportunity for a Cafe Supervisor to join our catering team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To make sure you are aware of, and meet the legal/college requirements for Fire, Health and Hygiene.
- Report any Health and Safety issues to your line manager including any accidents and near misses.
- Promote good safety habits and methods of work.
- Assist in the preparation of hospitality, setting up, clearing down, ensuring all is left to a high standard.
- To comply with college procedures relating to cash handling and security reporting any issues to your line manager.
- To maintain any temperature records as required and to report any variance
- Operate machinery as shown and trained to do so, ensuring the equipment is used safely and in accordance with current regulations and company policies
The Ideal Candidate
- To be polite, professional and friendly at all times, with customers, clients & colleagues.
- Ensure the highest level of customer care is adhered to at all times.
- Demonstrate a can – do attitude towards individual customer requests and strive to exceed customer expectations.
- Maximise all sales opportunities.
- Accept payment from customers, including a till operation.
- To acquire a good knowledge of all products in order to be able to advise individual customers on their product choice.
- To actively gain feedback, passing on comments gained to your line manager.
We would be delighted if you could join us in the Birkbeck College contract, in our newly refurbished catering and retail facilities, where you will be working in a friendly people orientated environment with a great team of colleagues.
Some of the benefits of working with us are:
Free uniform, regular shift patterns, a safe and secure working environment, a great employee discount scheme, you will be working in modern facilities, company sick pay after six months
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.