We currently have an opportunity for a CPU Stores and Distribution Supervisor to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To support the manager to ensure standards of service detailed in the service level agreement, KPIs and within the schedules of the contractual terms and conditions are achieved, maintained and developed for assigned operational business area
- To supervise all aspects of performance of an assigned group of direct reports
- Day to day working operations of specific area of the Central Production Unit ensuring stores and distribution targets and standards for picking, deliveries and cleanliness are met according to Sodexo Policies and Procedures.
- Liaising with the Stores and distribution manger to ensure efficiency of the stores areas is maintained and all faults and non-compliances are reported.
- To actively participate and support with the development and maintenance of CPU systems, procedures and adherence to food safety and health and safety legislation in the production area.
- To check stock rotation and best before or use by dates are correct with in the CPU.
- To check refrigerated and frozen storage areas are performing to required levels and recording the temperatures. Reporting any issues to the Stores and distribution manager.
- To cover the stores and distribution manger in their absence.
The Ideal Candidate
- B1 drivers licence
- Level 2 CIEH food safety or equivalent.
- Flexible approach (multi skilled team movement can be reactive to business needs or changing on hour to hour basis).
- Ability to work alone and also as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet daily output requirements.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions, product specifications and temperature probes.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication.
- Ability to write legibly to complete due diligence paperwork.
- Ability to work in chilled temperature controlled environment.
- Able to work on own initiative and within a team environment.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards.
- Manual handling training (desirable).
- Forklift truck licence (desirable).
- Knowledge of HACCP.
- Experience of operation of plant and equipment e.g. depositors and tray sealer (desirable).
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support exforces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.