Business Improvement Manager
Sodexo are currently recruiting for a number of brand new opportunities due to growth in our Corporate Services segment. Sodexo is the 19th largest employer worldwide, operating in 80 countries and employing 427,000 employees worldwide, we are the leader in Quality of Life services. Sodexo is not only a growth company; it is also a people-oriented company that places quality of life of its 100 million consumers at the center of its mission. Join our teams and experience their passion and the unique Sodexo spirit!
If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity then this may be of interest. We are recruiting several roles for a new iconic campus in Cambridge. A billion dollar research and development hub in the heart of Cambridge is due to open in 2019 for our client in the Pharmaceutical sector.
Sodexo are building a brand new team to support the solution design and operational readiness in preparation of the new Campus for 2019. These opportunities will lead the team and will potentially lead the teams to work in the new full time structure once the Campus is up and running. This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work on an exciting new iconic project in Cambridge.
Sodexo are recruiting for a Business Improvement Manager to function in an Operational Excellence capacity during the service design process for the New Cambridge Site (NCS)
The Business Improvement Manager will be required to benchmark service design against ‘what good looks like’ in Sodexo, client environment and the industry. You will optimise new operational processes by applying lean and innovative methodologies.
You will oversee the uniform and high quality production and consolidation of all required operational design and process documentation in conjunction with the service line SMEs.
Experience within the Facilities Management sector is an essential requirement for this role, particularly Soft services. You will need to have experience as the Business Improvement Manager in process mapping and process architecture and ideally will have exposure to the Pharmaceutical industry.
In close conjunction with Sodexo’s corporate policies, current brand proposition, the NCS Solution Director, other internal key stakeholders and the client Head of FM Services, Head of Scientific FM services, client FM partner (VWR), client policies and key stakeholders.
Create and co-create the FM solutions for the New client Research and Development Facility in Cambridge: In line with the below (and supported by SMEs):
- Develop the solutions documentation and presentation material to an extremely high standard
- Create job descriptions and service line concepts of operations
- Create detailed solutions such as labour-loading requirements for service streams based on projection modelling and analysis
- Develop and optimise process map documents &, process maps
- Develop staff rosters & rotas, process
- Develop governance and MI frameworks and toolkits
- Support pilots of new ways of working and solutions in the interim (existing Cambridge sites)
- Support in the creation of cost models
- Interact with the other project SMEs to collaborate on output
- Work in close contact with the other client FM operational readiness work streams (in particular where Sodexo are involved) to ensure we have a coherent, joined up and synergistic solution
- Work in close contact with the business as usual operations teams (both Sodexo and client) to ensure they are informed of our progress and we are informed of relevant real world issues and problems.
- Support and work with the construction programme team to respond to requests and aid design decisions at appropriate moments in time
Evolution (future state)
- Clear Opportunity to grow and take a leading role in the mobilisation of the New Site in 2018
- Clear Opportunity to develop again and take a senior operating role once the New Site is on line in 2019
- Ever-present Opportunity to move internally within Sodexo to new opportunities and challenges
The Ideal Candidate
- Highly organised with acute attention to detail
- Steeped in the services and industry
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- High EQ with high people skills that can allow them to thrive in a creative, fast paced and soft culture
- Logical, with practical problem solving abilities
- Immaculate presenting skills (i.e. presenting to audiences and quality of documents)
- Agile and flexible team player
- Creative and innovative
- Tech savvy
- Lean six sigma
- Project and programme mgmt.
- MS Office (high)
- Solutions architecture
- MS Publisher
- FM Operations Acumen
- MS Visio – Process mapping
- Customer experience mgmt. acumen
- Commercial / financial Operational Excellence / Efficiency / BI
- People / stakeholder mgmt.
- Quality Management
- Clearly demonstrable track record and expertise in this type of work, in this service portfolio (essential)
Not essential but will be seen as differentiators
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of contemporary / cutting-edge software technology relevant to the FM market
- Relevant industry qualifications/ accreditations
- FM Mobilisation Acumen
- Experience working in blue chip environments and with senior stakeholders
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process