A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a role based within our healthcare segment.
For 2017 we are looking to recruit an experienced Business Director to take overall day to day responsibility for the operational management of contracted services for the prestigious Queen Mary’s Hospital Roehampton, for both hard and soft services.
Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton is a PFI hospital in the south west of London. The hospital sees over 130,000 patients a year and offers more than 60 clinical services. This role could be a match if you show ambition and resilience in management, have a good work ethic, and can demonstrate strong leadership traits.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, and retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
- Manage the day to day operations and ensure service delivery is of a high quality and patient focused with an emphasis on standards
- Have full P&L responsibilities for the services being managed and accountability to deliver against company budgets
- Ensure that all financial targets and KPI’s are achieved within a framework of absolute financial control
- Drive third party income generation through a customer focused culture and own a commercial focus to drive variation opportunities
- Develop and manage a professional client retention and communication strategy, attending meetings with the Trust as required
- Provide professional and technical decisions on the spectrum of Soft FM services.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of managing multiple services in NHS Hard and Soft environment
- Strong leadership qualities, able to seize the initiative and drive results whilst having the ability to act as an effective team player within the Operations team
- Demonstrable ability to manage and motivate teams
- Ability to manage operations against an agreed specification demonstrating strong P&L expertise, commercial awareness and core numeracy skills
- Proven ability to plan and achieve results in difficult situations and in limited timeframe
- Strong ability to negotiate with and influence internal and external decision makers
- Innovative, with the ability to robustly deliver continuous improvement and change where necessary
- Experience within a PFI environment
- Experience within a hard FM environment
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
Grade G1 - Competitive salary, plus benefits you would associate with a leading global services organisation - including flexible benefit fund, (healthcare, dental plan etc.), bonus, car allowance and pension scheme.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying ;for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.