Business Development Manager
We currently have a new opportunity for a Business Development Manager within our Corporate Services Business based across the Republic of Ireland. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for the identification, planning, solutioning and conversion of new business opportunities. These bids will cover the full FM Services required.
This is an excellent opportunity for an influential business development professional to utilise their skills and developed within the business.
- Responsible for the delivery of a personal sales target to deliver profitable new business, applied within the framework of, Right Client Right Terms
- Acting as a representative of the Sodexo Business Development team and is flexible in their approach
- Demonstrates effective communication with both existing and prospective clients
- Responsible for bringing in and closing sales through fostering long term relationships, negotiat-ing client contracts and increasing the new business pipeline
- Manage and update the prioritisation of prospects, including nominating targets
- Creating compelling tender documents which effectively answer client needs and deliver a clear winning strategy for Sodexo CS in compliance with agreed standards and practices.
- Project manage key accounts for organic growth and new business
- Supporting retention through active involvement in re-bid activity
- Nurture client relationships in order to stabilise & develop them for the long term.
- Promote quality communication and relationships with both existing and future clients, consultants and other relevant bodies
- Effective management of the budget and resource under your control
- Operate within the guidelines and delegations of authority as defined
- Regular communication with Operational and Service Excellence teams
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable track record of developing successful sales and business development strategies across a portfolio of target client groups
- Management of the bid process for new and retained business
- Sound knowledge of the industry/client sectors, including sound knowledge of private sector tendering and commissioning procedures
- Exceptional client relationship management skills
- Development of commercially viable solutions based on rigorous techniques to understand client needs and price products/services accordingly
- Excellent communication, influencing and facilitation skills. Will be required to communicate with audiences ranging from large groups to individuals, normally in very senior roles, and excellent inter personal skills are essential.
- High standards of numeracy and written communication, particularly sales/bid copy
- Ability to develop ideas, initiatives and new approaches across all areas of CS including assessment of the mechanics of delivery, financial costs and human and technical resource requirements.
- Externally the person has a key representational role to play on behalf of CS and must be able to establish a high degree of credibility with other parties.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.