Business Development Lead (Hard Services Solutions)
Sodexo are currently recruiting for a number of brand new opportunities due to growth in our Corporate Services segment. Sodexo is the 19th largest employer worldwide, operating in 80 countries and employing 427,000 employees worldwide, we are the leader in Quality of Life services. Sodexo is not only a growth company; it is also a people-oriented company that places quality of life of its 100 million consumers at the center of its mission. Join our teams and experience their passion and the unique Sodexo spirit!
Are you looking for an opportunity that will enable you to utilise your skill set to the max? Sodexo are recruiting for a Business Development Lead (Hard Services Solutions) for our Corporate Services Segment. You will be responsible for designing and developing commercial and operational solutions as part of the bid process.
Reporting into the Business Solutions Director the Business Development Lead (Hard Services Solutions) needs to have a strong background and capability in understanding hard services/engineering in the M&E and building services space. You will be working on bid opportunities with private sector clients across multiple segments including Professional services, FMCG, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace.
This role is home based but with extensive travel nationally including our main hubs in Leeds, Manchester and London.
The Business Development Lead will have experience of working in an operational role, ideally an Account Lead or Operations role, and have experience of leading complex bids, project management, bid strategy and designing solutions. Experience in the Facilities management sector is essential to this role, if you have the experience of working in a collaborative manner and engaging with senior stakeholders then this could be the role for you!
If you would like more information to understand what it is like to work for Sodexo and a career in Corporate Services, please follow the link below;
- Design and develop operational solution (IFM or technical engineering) for bids, be the lead and manage each project from start to finish.
- Responsible for the delivery of personal sales targets through profitable, right client right terms business
- Acting as a representative of the Sodexo Services Business Development team by effective communication to current and prospective clients
- Fostering long term relationships, negotiating client contracts and increasing new business pipeline
- Developing relationships with prospects to ensure an excellent pipeline is maintained within their responsibilities
- Creating compelling tender documents which effectively answer client needs and deliver a clear winning strategy for Sodexo CS in compliance with agreed standards and practices.
- Achieve the defined Annual Sales targets and promote Sodexo Health and Safety and Quality standards through the Offer Development.
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable track record of developing successful sales and business development strategies across a broad portfolio of target client groups
- Experience of having operated successfully at a senior level within an segment specific environment
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant technical subject Management qualification (ILM, CMI, DMS, NVQ)
- Experience in building services and M&E
- Experience in maintenance technical issues
- Experience in water hygiene regulations would be advantageous
- Awareness of CDM Regulations
- Proven experience of managing a maintenance team and achieving SLA’s
- Management of the total bid process for new and retained business
- Sound knowledge of the industry/client sectors, including sound knowledge of both private and public sector tendering and commissioning procedures
- Exceptional client relationship management skills
- Development of commercially viable solutions based on rigorous techniques to understand client needs and price products/services accordingly
- Excellent communication, influencing and facilitation skills. Will be required to communicate with audiences ranging from large groups to individuals, normally in very senior roles, and excellent inter personal skills are essential.
- High standards of numeracy and written communication, particularly sales/bid copy
- Wide range of managing and leading sales / bid teams
- Ability to develop ideas, initiatives and new approaches across all areas including assessment of the mechanics of delivery, financial costs and human and technical resource requirements.
- Externally the person has a key representational role to play on behalf of CS and must be able to establish a high degree of credibility with other parties.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process