Business Development Director- Offshore and Marine
We are currently recruiting for a Business Development Director - Europe on a Full Time, Permanent basis to join our Offshore & Marine sub-segment. This role is based at our office in Aberdeen and will be tasked with growing our business within the North Sea & the Mediterranean.
The Business Development Director will develop business in the Offshore & Marine sub-segment within Scotland and surrounding areas required. Working with the Global VP Sales and Business Development to implement the sub-segment sales strategies and priorities to deliver on our Quality of Life positioning and win business with projects and clients.
- Define, establish and execute business development strategies according the market conditions and opportunities in the sub-segment.
- Identify target accounts and pipeline.
- Grow and manage the Web of Influence and drive customer relationships.
- Manage a small team to organise, plan and manage business development activities
- Identify client needs, propose relevant solutions
- Coordinate the project response and produce the client documents and collateral.
- Negotiate, develop and foster all the global defined opportunities and bid processes.
- Transform opportunities into business wins, ensuring sales process from meetings to contract signature- close deals
- Prepare and follow-up on meetings with decision makers in our clients organizations.
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable relevant Business Development experience with a range of large and complex clients, preferably with the Energy markets as ideally exposure to the offshore business sector.
- Must be native/fluent English
- Previous Team Management experience
- Demonstrated understanding of bid management life cycles
- Proven track records of delivering Business Development growth and client retention.
- Strong negotiation, influencing and leadership skills
- Excellent Project Management competencies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially with remote teams
- Availability to travel around 25% of the time.
Competitive salary of £75K - £90K plus benefits including bonus, pension, car allowance, reward schemes and training/development opportunities.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.