Building and Civil Engineering (B&CE) Technical Officer
As Building and Civil Engineering (B&CE) Technical Officer, you'll Provide construction, maintenance and technical advice to all service areas. Project-manage assigned construction and maintenance projects. Undertake condition surveying, life cycle and defect liability management
Colchester PFI is one of the most ambitious PFI projects undertaken, Merville Barracks is the home of the 16 Air Assault Brigade with 3500 military personnel on site. We are the showcase and benchmark for Sodexo global defence, helping to lead on strategy and vision for the future
We are a key partner to the Ministry of Defence, running services at major UK and overseas military bases which improve quality of life for our military personnel. The impact of change and uncertainty as consolidation occurs throughout the armed forces, set against a backdrop of today’s rapidly changing world, makes the preservation of high standards even more important than ever. We are dedicated to delivering the best quality as well as cost-efficiency in the delivery of infrastructure, facilities management, catering, retail and leisure services to the armed forces community
We’re proud that our work has a significant bearing on morale, retention and recruitment.
- Manage and co-ordinate planned, reactive and minor new work tasks to ensure that it is performed in such a manner as so to limit disruption, negate any possible deductions
- Manage internal and external resources to deliver Sodexo’s service obligations at all times in an efficient manner
- Manage a fit for purpose supply chain
- Input into business cases to reduce bought in services and increase self-delivery
- Undertake inspections to ensure quality standards, both in terms of workmanship and materials, are maintained and ensure that any actions arising are completed
- Attend meetings as directed with RMPA, CMT and Garrison to discuss works programming and progress
- Provide advice and assistance on all works and issues to the Technical Services department and where appropriate RMPA, CMT and Garrison
- Work closely with the Helpdesk team to resolve technical enquiries
- Support the pursuance of construction related latent defects with SRML and RMPA through detailed fault analysis and contribution to robust business cases that clearly highlight the latent defect with a view to removing/minimising Sodexo risk
*please see attached job description for further details
The Ideal Candidate
Competitive salary of £38,000 to £41,200 plus benefits including pension, bonus, option to 'buy' additional flexible benefits such as holidays, healthcare etc
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.