Bid Writer/Trainee Business Development Manager
As a Bid Writer and Trainee Business Development Manager within our Schools and Universities segment, you will support the business development team with regard to tender opportunities, producing high quality compelling written material that clearly articulates the benefits of the Sodexo proposition. The role is intended to be predominantly focused on bid writing activity with the future opportunity to grow into a more front line sales role for candidates who demonstrate the ambition and skills to develop within a large organisation.
This is an excellent opportunity for Graduate level candidates with a broadly relevant qualifications (e.g. Marketing, English Literature, professional writing and facilities management) to develop within a large organisation.
Find out more about our Schools and Universities segment:
- Produce written proposal content that professionally articulates the benefit of Sodexo’s solution for catering and facilities management contracts.
- Support a dedicated business development team to develop and retain Sodexo business by advising on how to make bids more compelling and attractive, re-writing a range of written materials and supporting with attendance to meetings and site visits.
- Proactively and confidently liaise and network with key internal colleagues and subject matter experts to obtain key information and to ensure bid content is accurate and attractive, utilising industry insight and competitor trends to ensure bids are market leading.
*Please see attached job description for further details
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent writing skills with strong focus on attention to detail, proven track record of successfully delivering multiple projects on time
- Graduate level with a broadly relevant qualification e.g. Marketing, English Literature, Professional Writing and Facilities Management
- Proven capacity to effectively manage proposal development processes, as well as manage a range of internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated achievement in the production of tender documents and/or similar written content
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage complex tenders, precise scheduling and multiple and shifting priorities.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office
- Experience of working in a similar business environment or educational environment is desirable e.g. contract catering, facilities management outsourcing, educational establishments
- Professional experience in new business development or similar environment
- Ability to work with InDesign desktop publishing software
Plus bonus incentive and access to a range of corporate benefits
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.