As we continue to grow our sales team we are now looking for a highly professional & experienced candidate to come on board to help develop, grow and retain Sodexo business through delivering the sales strategy by preparing high quality, innovative and marketing leading bid documents. You will be providing appropriate client solutions by working closely with Business Development Mangers and Subject Matter Experts. You will design, develop and understand the solution, unique selling points and win themes to ensure they are adequately represented in submissions whilst driving to continually elevate existing responses. You will be working with SMEs to develop operational solutions whilst working to a defined bid writing project plan, responsible for collating off the shelf bid solutions using Sodexo bid platforms and working with the SME community both working within the tender group but also within the wider business.
- Close liaison with internal stakeholders to ensure all information is accurate and able to articulate suggested improvements
- Responsible for the quality and conformance to standards of material published
- Identify and implement process improvements that reduce resource requirements for proposal developments
- Contribute to the bid process by writing effective, client responsive submissions to meet tender requirements
- Analyse industry and competitor trends to ensure tenders are market leading
- Ensure all solutions produced by bid or sales activity teams are in line with both Sodexo and Client commercial models.
- Attend senior executive meetings and articulate written responses – working and planned with the Sales Programme Manager
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in working with senior management to manage delivery of timelines and outputs
- Excellent writing skills with strong focus on attention to detail, proven track record of successfully delivering multiple projects on time
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience in new business development, systems and processes
- Proven capacity to effectively contribute to large scale bid packages and at times, multiple bids
- Demonstrated achievement in the design and implementation of tender documents
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage complex tenders, precise scheduling and multiple and shifting priorities.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office packages including word
- Skills in Visio, Adobe and a level of understanding with Microsoft Project
- Experience of working in a Defence/Government focused environment
Competitive salary plus benefits including pension, bonus and a flexible benefits fund plus 5% bonus.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a flexible benefits scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs which includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave to name but a few.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.