Bid Writer (FM Business Development support)
As Bid Writer within our Defence and Government Services segment, you'll support thebusiness development team with live tender opportunities.
An excellent opportunity for an ambitious Bid Writer to showcase your exceptional proven writing capability, ensuring written responses are articulated with the standard expected, as we expand this dedicated high performing team to achieve our strategic growth plans.
Sodexo has been providing services that improve the Quality of Life for Army, Royal Navy and Royal Air Force personnel and their families for over 30 years. As a key partner to the Ministry of Defence, we deliver infrastructure, facilities management and catering, retail and leisure services at military bases across the UK, in Cyprus and the Falkland Islands. We are dedicated tobest quality as well as cost-efficiency in the delivery of our services to the armed forces community. Were proud that our work has a significant bearing on morale, retention and recruitment.
We also operate in both Central and Local Government, and associated Agencies, our wealth of experience means we are able to transfer best practices from the corporate sector to create better working environments in the public sector through our Government Services segment.
- Working within a high performing dedicated business development team, you'lldevelop, grow and retain Sodexo business through delivering the segment sales strategy by preparing high quality, innovative and marketing leading bid documents.
- Providingwritten responses which are articulated well andanswer the detailed questions with compelling, factual and well presented content.
- Proactively and confidently reach out and liaise with key internal colleagues to obtain specific detail to include in the written responses
*please see attached job description for further details
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven relevant professional experience in new business development, systems and processes
- Excellent writing skills with strong focus on attention to detail, proven track record of successfully delivering multiple projects on time
- Experience in working with senior management to manage delivery of timelines and outputs
- Proven capacity to effectively contribute to large scale bid packages and at times, multiple bids
- Demonstrated achievement in the design and implementation of tender documents
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage complex tenders, precise scheduling and multiple and shifting priorities.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the business
- Open to feedback and possible critism to work submitted
- Exceptional attention to detail with skill in solid English grammar
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office packages including Word
- Skills in Powerpoint, Visio, Adobe and a level of understanding with MSProject
- Experience of graphic design and creative content
- Experience of working with or in an Armed Forces and/or Government focused environment
Competitive salary of up to 40,500plus benefits includingbonus, pension andflexible benefits scheme fund. As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a flexible benefits scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs whichincludes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave to name but a few.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promotingdiscounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed tosafeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roleswill require applicants toundergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process tofurther engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ideal candidate on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.