Bid Solutions Manager
Sodexo Energy & Resources is recruiting a Bid Solutions Manager to work alongside the Onshore Energy Business Development Director, providing high-quality bid writing and bid coordinaton. Some business development activity may be required.
The successful candidate will be a skilled and experienced bid writer and will have a good network to support business development activity. The ability to effectively manage time and priorities will be critical to the success of the successful candidate.
This role may be based anywhere in the U.K., however some travel and overnight stays will be involved.
- When required, managing multiple bid processes in parallel
- Obtaining relevant information from subject matter experts in a timely manner leaving time for formatting, proofreading and approval process.
- Anticipating on validation processes and approvals
Articulate Sodexo solutions to the business: “what do we bring to the market that others don’t”
- Understanding the client’s priorities and writing content which responds well to those needs while promoting Sodexo offers and expertise
- Actively engage with Sodexo Energy & Resources sales peers around the world to leverage collective performance
- With operations, service operations and transversal functions to sell and implement competitive solutions within the segment
- Work with marketing and strategy to adopt offer portfolio
Sales processes and behaviors
- Operate in a fast-paced environment with a results-oriented approach
- Disciplined with CRM tools and sales process implementation
- Communication to a high standard - both verbally and in writing and display excellent presentation skills
- Respond to RFP’s with rigour and a commitment to managing the end to end process for a win
- Proficient with numbers and able to leverage internal resources to build winning deals
- Commitment to Sodexo’s values and policies
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in working with senior management to align sales strategies and solutions
- Excellent writing skills and must have of experience of writing bids responses
- Must have experience of working in a corporate/business focused environment
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Commercially aware with solid business development and financial management skills.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience in new business development, including management of sales & tender process
- Relevant and proven business development experience with a range of large, complex and international clients, possibly within energy markets or further international large accounts
- Proven track record of delivering business development, growth and client retention
- Strong soft and hard FM knowledge
- Strong negotiation, influencing and leadership skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong and proven multi-cultural skills
- Capability to drive complex opportunities while finding resources internally within the new structure
- Very good Microsoft Office skills (PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Willingness to travel within the region and overseas (estimated 30% time)
Highly competitive annual salary + bonus + benefits
About the Company
Sodexo’s Energy & Resources team serves clients across specialist industries: oil & gas; mining and engineering; construction plus other energy sectors.
We have a dedicated team of 1,400 employees working at over 80 sites in the UK & Ireland region - often in isolated locations both on and offshore.
We deliver more than 100 services to clients, including design, construction and administration, light and technical maintenance, security, waste management, food services, sport and cultural activities, wellness and motivational programs and more.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.
All onshore and offshore operations are coordinated from our Energy & Resources segment headquarters in Aberdeen, Scotland.