As part of our growing sales team we are looking for a candidate to actively manage the tender process for medium and complex bids, adding value and effective support to the segment sales team by leading all day to day bid activity, ensuring bid framework procedures and governance are followed to deliver a compliant, compelling bid on time, and ensuring bid documentation is of a high standard, is clear, appropriate to the project, and communicates the agreed win strategies and win themes.
- Provide active bid management support and lead all day to day bid activities for medium and complex bids (as identified using the project evaluation matrix) in line with the defined bid framework process
- Compile, issue and maintain the bid plan and compliance matrix, agreeing responsibilities and timeframes with the appropriate sales lead
- Log and track risk, assumptions and opportunities throughout the tender process, highlighting areas of concern with the sales lead
- Manage and communicate to the bid team all bid-related interactions through the relevant client portal, including document management, CQs, messages and submission of completed responses
- Schedule, facilitate and contribute to bid team meetings (kick off, storyboarding sessions, key reviews, governance/sign off etc) to ensure that the project is properly resourced, accountabilities are agreed, all deliverables are viable in the time available and that the bid framework process is adhered to
- Support segment bid writer/sales lead with content create for bids as required
- Act as a consultative counterpart to sales to provide a ‘fresh eyes’ perspective and provide effective challenge to decisions/solutions
- Ensure the winning strategy and win themes are articulated effectively throughout the bid response, showing excellent appreciation of what the client needs
The Ideal Candidate
- A minimum of two years’ experience in managing bid processes within an FM services market
- Able to demonstrate the necessary personality and leadership skills to guide a diverse virtual team successfully through the bid process
- Able to build relationships with both internal departments and client representatives, and comfortable working at CEO/Director level
- Solid ability and desire to implement internal governance processes (bid framework)
- Proven ability to work under pressure to plan and deliver compliant, professionally produced proposals within client-defined timeframes, and to manage multi-workstream opportunities with many contributors
- Awareness of market trends, particularly within the FM sector
- Strong evaluation skills to respond effectively to client requests, including input into bid/no-bid decisions, identifying win strategies, solution design, and risk and opportunities logs
- Written English to a high standard; able to research, author, edit and challenge content
Competitive salary plus benefits including pension, bonus and a flexible benefits fund of £1,300 plus a 5% bonus.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a flexible benefits scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs which includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave to name but a few.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.