Bid Manager (Healthcare)
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Bid Manager to actively manage the tender process for medium and complex bids, adding value and effective support to the Healthcare sales team by leading all day to day bid activity,
You will be an integral part of our business growth and will lead and manage the tender process. Adding value and effective support to the segment sales team by leading all day to day bid activity. You will be key in ensuring, the bid framework procedures and governance are adhered to, and ensuring bid documentation is of a high standard, is clear, appropriate to the project, and communicates the agreed win strategies and win themes.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
- Provide active bid management support and lead all day to day bid activities for in line with the defined bid framework process
- Compile, issue and maintain the bid plan and compliance matrix, agreeing responsibilities and timeframes with the appropriate sales lead
- Log and track risk, assumptions and opportunities throughout the tender process, highlighting areas of concern with the sales lead
- Manage and communicate to the bid team all bid-related interactions through the relevant client portal, including document management, CQs, messages and submission of completed responses
- Schedule, facilitate and contribute to bid team meetings (kick off, storyboarding sessions, key reviews, governance/sign off etc) to ensure that the project is properly resourced, accountabilities are agreed, all deliverables are viable in the time available and that the bid framework process is adhered to
- Act as a consultative counterpart to sales to provide a ‘fresh eyes’ perspective and provide effective challenge to decisions/solutions
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in managing the end to end bid processes
- Able to demonstrate the necessary personality and leadership skills to guide a diverse virtual team successfully through the bid process
- Experience of building relationships with both internal departments and client representatives, and comfortable working at CEO/Director level
- Proven ability to work under pressure to plan and deliver compliant, professionally produced proposals within client-defined timeframes, and to manage multi-workstream opportunities with many contributors
- Strong evaluation skills to respond effectively to client requests, including input into bid/no-bid decisions, identifying win strategies, solution design, and risk and opportunities logs.
- Advanced MS Word skills and proficiency in MS Office
- Strong time management/prioritisation skills Self-confident, diplomatic but firm under pressure
- Flexibility to travel UK wide as required by the business
- Knowledge of recognised bid management methodology; APMP training and/or project management certification would be beneficial
- Experience of using O365 SharePoint to support bid management processes and document management
- Experience of working in a FM service industry
- Experience of bid writing
- Working knowledge of InDesign work package
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.