Assistant Manager â Costa Coffee (fixed term contract)
We are currently looking for an experienced Assistant Manager to join our Costa Coffee retail team at Queens Hospital in Romford, Essex.
This is a great opportunity to join one of our prestigious accounts within our Healthcare segment, where you can contribute to providing our patients, staff and visitors with the high quality facilities and services they require. All done in a timely, responsive, cost-effective and pro-active manner, ensuring targets and legal requirements are maintained.
If you have proven leadership skills within any sector and have worked in a customer facing role, then we would like to hear from you. We are looking for someone who has strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels, along with good time management and organisational skills.
- Lead the team on shift to deliver the best coffee experience to every guest
- Manage the stock and order systems for food and consumables, ensuring that the store has 100% supply of items for the customer
- Ensure the store is opened and closed, adhering to all company standards, polices & procedures
- Deal with and resolve customer complaints
- Ensure that all brand standards are delivered throughout the shift to ensure complete customer satisfaction – completing all relevant checks, standards, food & health and safety checks and taking necessary remedial action or escalating as required
- Implement marketing updates and new POS as directed by the Store Manager to meet Costa Franchise standards
- Train and coach team members as required to support them in delivering their roles effectively.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in a customer facing role (ideally food chain/retail environment)
- Proven supervisory experience
- Enthusiasm to execute outstanding customer service
- Strong communications skills - dealing with patients, visitors, colleagues, clients
- Ability to engage a diverse team in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and professionally – dealing with stressful and changeable situations.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
General shift pattern will be Monday to Friday, either 07:00-15:30 or 09:30-18:00, but occasional shifts ranging between 06:00 - 23:30 including weekends, will be required to meet the needs of the business
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.