Assistant Development Chef
Are you a qualified chef with professional experience in the Food industry and a keen eye for detail?
Are you creative and innovative with your recipes and have a passion for developing menus in all sorts of cuisines?
Do you take great pride in ensuring a job is completed to the highest standards and on time?
Are you ready for the next step on your career journey?
We have an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Development Chef to join our Food Platform Culinary Team. As the Assistant Development Chef, you will support the culinary team with tasks in conjunction with recipe testing and recipe review projects, offer development and deployment.
The ideal candidate will already understand the culture of working in an office environment, working to deadlines and independently as well as being able to collaborate as part of a wider team.
- Liaise with line manager to agree workload targets and timelines
- Determine best use of skills to deliver agreed tasks across the spectrum
- Liaise with culinary creation and testing team and agreed stakeholders for recipe creation, amendments and corrections
- Update the content of recipes including, quantities, titles and methods within the recipes following a consistent format in online management tool
- Cleanse recipe content and cross reference service lines as required
- Share and distribute information as agreed
- Support the process for managing expectations to support segments
- Co-ordinate alignment of recipe and menu development protocols and processes
- All work is fully aligned to Food Management and Sodexo Internal ‘Drive’ systems
- Working closely with central culinary team to support the deployment of Offers
- Ensure activity is managed to drive financial benefits and within correct cost parameters
- Work out in the field with central and segment culinary leads supporting and delivering new and refreshed service lines
- Collate & place orders for events and recipe testing.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent computer skills in all aspects of Excel/Office programmes and recipe management programmes
- Understanding of food techniques, following processes, methodologies and recipe formats
- Experience in food/hospitality industry including recipe and menu creation, ingredient knowledge
- A genuine Love of Food with good awareness of the wider industry (suppliers, producers, industry networks)
- Experience in recipe and menu testing process at an industrial/professional level
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Qualified experienced chef /strong culinary background
- Previous recipe/product development and testing
- Culinary presentation skills / presenting to others
- Budget holder Management skills
Competitive Salary, bonus and excellent benefits package
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, Defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.