We currently have an opportunity for a Assistant Chef to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression. The position on offer will involve working in one of Eton College's Boarding Houses. Serving and assisting the other chefs in producing breakfast, lunch and supper for the students and staff (60 people). You will also need to work alone when the lead chef is absent. Working mainly straight shifts over 6 days a week and term time only. Staff will work two days either side of each term for closedown and training. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join a growing team in a fantastic location.
- Assist head chef with preparing & cooking food for day’s menu, for main dining room & 6th Form.
- Assist in putting deliveries away, checking off against invoice. Check temperatures from delivery van.
- Set up for lunch time service to unit standards.
- Ensure counters kept replenished during service & 6th form is replenished.
- Before service make sure allergen sheet is completed and staff are briefed.
- Complete due diligence food safety / health & safety sheets.
- Ensure that all kitchen paper work has been signed off at the end of each day.
- Assist Head chef with Stock take
- Assist Head chef with ordering / requirements.
- Assist in any other areas where needed.
- Be available to work on school functions.
- Assist in cleaning down at the end of the day.
- Follow all Health & Safety procedures & use correct PPE when required.
- Report near misses & accidents.
- Cover for Head Chef in his absence.
The Ideal Candidate
Ideally qualified (level 3) and/or experienced with a great personality and skill set, the ideal candidate will have a great passion for fresh food. They will be looking to develop a career with Sodexo at Eton College, willing to learn and able to introduce new ideas from their previous experience.
Working 6 days out of 7- term time only in a small team producing fresh food daily.
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.