Assistant Catering Manager
We are currently recruiting an Assistant Hospitality/Catering Manager to work on a fixed term basis at University College London (UCL).
Reporting to the Hospitality & Events Business Manager, you will control and manage the daily hospitality deliveries and catering services around campus ensuring they are run efficiently to the highest standard and in a timely manner.
This is a great development opportunity where you will support to manage the team and shape the improvement of our offering.
If you are enthusiastic, have great communication skills and work well as part of a team this is a fantastic opportunity for you.
Please note this role may include occasional weekend / evening work to meet business needs.
- Oversee the designated catering, hospitality and events ranging from fine dining to pop up events with street food and pop up bars ensuring the highest standards of customer focus and service delivery
- Motivate and lead catering employees to perform their roles to a high standard and in alignment to Sodexo policies and procedures
- Assist with analysing sales to labour figures and forecasting future sales volumes to maximise profits
- Order and control stock levels and administration
- Establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation
- Implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary
- Support colleagues with organising special promotions, displays and events
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience of supervising a busy Hospitality & catering operation
- Industry acumen and knowledge of food and beverages
- Demonstrative customer focus and service skills
- Technologically savvy
- Promotional and marketing skills
- Personal innovation and passion
- Strong communication, and negotiation skills
- Relevant craft and/or H&S qualifications or training
- Alcohol licence would be an advantage
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.