Area Support Manager (Catering, Cleaning)
A fantastic opportunity to develop your catering career and step into senior management. We require an Area Support Manager with proven experience and passion for the services sector to provide regional support across 14 contracts in Northern Ireland. In this role, you will assist the Account Manager to efficiently manage the various operations, ensuring the consistency and compliance of services levels.
- Assist the Account Manager in the delivery of client services (predominantly catering) across various sites, working closely with teams to understand the business, systems and processes.
- Support sites with training, HR, health & safety and administration as required
- Provide a high consistence level within services against the agreed service level agreement / KPI’s and specification, for both qualities and financial target.
- Work closely with the Account Manager to provide reporting, analysis and recommendations for site/service improvement
- With excellent planning and organisation skills, support various projects and assignments
- Develop and embrace the “one team” culture across all service provision on-site and the directly provided by Sodexo on-site (catering, cleaning, grounds maintenance)
- Fostering long term profitable relationships and negotiating client contracts to increase new business opportunities by delivering operational excellence
- Provide direction and expertise to the operating area by promoting Sodexo strategies and best business practices in order to uphold the Company mission and values
- Motivate and lead teams to achieve their objectives and the Sodexo strategy
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience in managing catering services and soft services and committed to regional travel across multiple sites
- Hands on approach to learning about systems, processes and clients
- Experience in a similar role, unit management or multi service role
- Highly organised and able to multi task
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering development & innovations
- Strong financial understanding and demonstrable budgeting management.
- Experience in adhering to and driving company initiatives.
- Good communication and engagement skills.
- Experience working in a standard /compliance environment
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.