Architect / Designer / Interior Designer
We are currently recruiting for an Architect / Designer to join our busy team delivering creative and cost effective interior design services to our internal and end clients. This is an extremely varied role, you will support all our segments, you could be working on one of our prestige sports & leisure venues one day, a corporate client’s office the next, to then working in one of our private schools refurbing the restaurant. You will provide clients with innovative and informative designs, construction and as-built drawing records of facilities, to assist with their business, workplace strategy and real estate requirements.
We are flexible on location as you will be expected to travel around the UK, however you would need to live close to our offices in Aberdeen, Leeds, Manchester or Stevenage as you will be expected to come into the office when not on site.
This role would suit an Architect or Designer with very strong design and presentation skills, you must be up to date with modern trends with a keen interest in interiors. Ideally qualified at degree level and with some form of work experience however we would consider a graduate with strong design capability and ability to clearly convey design intent in work via excellent presentation skills (i.e. 3d visuals, material/mood boards etc). In return the role offers a competitive salary, annual bonus and excellent benefits.
- Effectively organise and control all architectural activities within projects at various stages (feasibility, concept, construction) and develop service growth commercially in line with Service Operations business plan
- Legislative requirements – ensure that all architectural activities and outcomes comply with current statutory legislation and liaise with local authorities for submission of planning applications and building warrants.
- Specification – work alongside in-house estimators and project managers to ensure delivery of quality and cost effective solutions.
- Information Management – ensure that all customer/asset information is kept up to date and is available readily at customer request, operational/project files, drawings, schedules etc.
- Contract Management – to advise and administer the agreed contracting strategy and deliver on Contract Plan as laid down in Sodexo/customer standard contracting procedures.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of commercial interior fit-out projects
- Experience of being lead project architect
- Robust contracting and procurement skills
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.