HMP Peterborough are currently recruiting for 4 Administrators.
As an Administrator you will provide general administration support across a number of areas within the business, performing a variety of duties to ensure the smooth running of the function and providing a service to the prison
HMP/YOI Peterborough is the countrys only purpose-built prison for both male and female prisoners (kept separate at all times), including a 12-place mother and baby unit. We are committed to offering education and development programmes to provide residents with the skills required to enter employment on release, so reducing the chances of further offending. Providing creative outlets, such as workshop activities, helps to equip those in custody for when they are released. We use Restorative Approaches to bring people in conflict into dialogue. Using a skilled and structured process, those who have been harmed have an opportunity to be heard and those that have caused the harm are held to account for what they have done. We have strong links with the community outside through a variety of partnerships, including our outreach activity Outside Links offering support and advice to both residents and their families.
- Maintain all appropriate records and documentation.
- Assist in the production of management information, regular reports, establish trends and patterns from information received.
- Monitor and oversee all filing and ensure that record systems are kept up-to-date and stored securely.
- Responsible for all administrative duties as required by the Manager, ensuring the function is run efficiently and cost effectively when performing work as required and planned.
- Work closely and co-operate with colleagues in other areas to ensure the safe and smooth running of the prison.
- Build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Abide by the corporate strategic directions, Contract Delivery Indicators, MoJ/NOMS service specifications and all appropriate Regulations and Health and Safety Policies.
- Co-ordinate all external an independent audits.
- Provide reports and a detailed analysis of the key performance targets.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience working in a similar environment or role
- Able to operate relevant IT applications
- Experience of working under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to manage competing work priorities
- Health, social welfare or voluntary sector experience
- Knowledge of the English legal system
- Working with others
- Planning and organising
- Continuous improvement
- Results orientated
1 part time and 3 full time positions available
Benefits including 28days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays),pension, discounted health cover, subsidised gym membership, childcare voucher scheme, free meals on duty and free on-site parking
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.