We currently have an opportunity for aAdministrationAssistantto join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression
- Work in partnership with Sodexo Managers, Co-ordinators and Supervisors
- The employees will participate in the required company and trust training programme.
- To be correctly dressed in the correct uniform at all times. This specifically includes the wearing of Sodexo name badges and Trust Identity Cards and to ensure that both are clearly visible at all times.
- Staff must conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times and be aware of patients dignity and privacy when it comes to their personal information. All staff will be mindful to give assistance and wherever possible to help with any queries raised by patients, visitors and staff.
- Sodexo is committed to providing patient customer care of the highest quality and promotes this through the customer care training of their staff.
- Complete all audit and quality standards documentation as required.
- During the course of his/her duties the post holder may have access to confidential information which must not be divulged to any unauthorised person or any relative at any time.
- Ensure safe practice to minimise the risks of infection to patients and staff in accordance with national and Trust policy, in particular to be aware of their responsibilities as listed in the Infection Control Operational Policy.
- The postholder is required to familiarise and comply with all relevant Sodexo and Trust policies and procedures.
- Staff must take care of their own safety and others who may be affected by their actions or omissions. Health and Safety in the workplace is a two way thing managers must make sure their employees work in a safe environment and employees have an obligation to report any Health and Safety concerns to management. The workforce must ensure that all equipment or personal protective equipment provided is used in the appropriate manner. They must also report any accidents or near misses to the appropriate manager and must also complete the appropriate Incident/accident report forms.
- Processing of purchase invoices and updating stock records.
- On a daily basis cash up restaurant and car park takings and securely bank all monies.
- Update all car parking and waste management reports as required.
- Collect Patient menu cards and input menu data onto the computer
- General clerical duties to include typing, photocopying, faxing, sending and receiving e-mails, note taking, dealing with incoming and outgoing mail and managing all telephone enquiries.
- Receive and process all hospitality orders and ensure all information is disseminated to the relevant departments.
- Ordering all stationery items and maintaining stock levels in accordance with stationery budget.
- Assist in the maintenance and updating of all forms of staff communication.
- Maintain the trust Accommodation spread sheet, assist with bookings
- Book Meeting Rooms
- Minute taking for various meetings
- Assist when required with car park passes.
- Co-ordinate the weekly receipt of casual workers timesheets from all departments
- Process timesheets through UDC payroll system and Kronos.
- Liaise with central payroll officers in Salford, as required
- Maintain weekly and monthly labour databases and reports
- Deal directly with employees wage related queries
- Archive all payroll information and timesheets.
- Carry out regular auditing/checks of payslips with appropriate timesheets and Kronos.
The Ideal Candidate
Excellent Customer Service Skills
Good IT skills
Excellent Customer Feedback
Good Communication Skills
Ability to communicate at all levels
Competent in IT skills including MS Office
Ability to follow instruction
Ability to comply with service requirements in line with client policies at all times.
Observance of Health and Safety legislation at all times
Undertake training as and when required.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Good literacy skills.
NVQ Level 1
Looking for a Administration Assistant to work at North Devon District Hospital.
- Administration duties for all departments, including accommodation and the issuing of car park permits and note taking at departmental meetings.
Hours for this post is37.5 hours per week
Week : Monday to Friday 08:00-16:00
Due to the high number of applications received, it is with regret if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of your application that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Successful applicants are required to provide an enhanced disclosure with expense met by employer
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business