Sodexo Energy & Resources has a fantastic opportunity for an Administration Assistant to support a strategic global account.
The role can be based at home or in one of our offices in Aberdeen, Edinburgh or London.
- Coordination and administration
- Proof reading, editing, documentation review as required
- Coordinate and liaise with both internal and external resources
- Work with various country contacts to obtain information as required to meet deadlines
- Researching and compiling reports and presentations
- Providing support to individual executives and management team members
- Responsible for researching and compiling special reports, presentations, contact details, organisational charts, etc.
- Responsible for different communication tasks
- Communication on behalf of the account team as and when required
- Performing complex administrative activities and substitute for other (absences/sickness)
- Produce and update Excel spread sheets, manages databases and document management systems for example share point
- Produce and maintain PowerPoint presentations to high a standard
- Arranging business critical internal/external events
- Managing administration activity on behalf of individual executives and/or management team members
- Organises meetings, meeting facilities and takes care of the follow-up activities (e.g distributes meeting minutes and presentation materials)
- Plans and arranges complex travel itineraries, schedules and processes expenses
- Organises employee and client entertaining and events
- Other general tasks as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous administration experience essential
- Proficient with Microsoft office applications (including Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and Visio)
- Excellent numerical and verbal skills
- Excellent communication, organisational and administration skills, including editing skills and a keen attention to detail
- An understanding of the requirements and implications of working for an international team
- Have worked in an environment where confidentiality is important
- Articulate and thorough, showing attention to detail
- Ability to resilient and adaptable
- Good standard of general education
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Pro-active, demonstrating initiative and anticipates needs
- Proven experience within a similar role, working with an extremely busy team and with very high standards
- Previous experience in multi-country or multi-cultural teams would be an advantage
- Constantly raises the standard and quality of work, benchmarking against best practice
- Demonstrates discretion and ability to deal with confidential issues
Other relevant information
- Some travel and overnight stays will be required
- To relieve and assist in other establishments in certain circumstances.
- To attend meetings and training courses as requested.
- This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged and the range of duties and responsibilities to be undertaken. It does not attempt to detail every activity. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder at regular intervals. The post holder will be required at all times to perform any other reasonable task, as requested by the Line Manager in order to meet the operational needs of the business.
In addition to a highly competitive salary, benefits include bonus, pension, reward schemes and training/development opportunities.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more.
About the Company
Sodexo’s Energy & Resources team serves clients across specialist industries: oil & gas; mining and engineering; construction plus other energy sectors.
We have a dedicated team of 1,400 employees working at over 80 sites in the UK & Ireland region - often in isolated locations both on and offshore.
We deliver more than 100 services to clients, including design, construction and administration, light and technical maintenance, security, waste management, food services, sport and cultural activities, wellness and motivational programs and more.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.
All onshore and offshore operations are coordinated from our Energy & Resources segment headquarters in Aberdeen, Scotland.