1st Line Support
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team at our offices in Salford. We are currently recruiting a 1st Line Support Consultant to join our busy team.
As an IT Support Consultant (1st Line), Service Support Technician you will be responsible for the receipt of problems reported by customers, and the co-ordination of rapid and appropriate responses/resolution to incidents and requests, including: channelling requests for assistance to appropriate functions, monitoring progress, and keeping customers appraised of progress.
- Escalation procedures, promptly allocating unresolved calls as appropriate. Maintaining the log and advising customers of actions taken
- Providing advice to customers on systems, products and services which are available to them
- Assisting the line manager in identifying personal training and development needs
- Gaining sound understanding of Sodexo specific PC applications and the impact of any fail-ure/problems
- Providing mentoring/training to more junior members of the Support team as required.
- Undertakes any other tasks as requested by Management
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in a 1st Line IT Support environment
- Ability to understand the needs of customers, and keep them in mind when taking actions or making decisions
- Previous experience supporting Microsoft applications
- Articulate and effective communicator both orally and in writing
- Organised and methodical
- Demonstrates initiative and anticipates needs
- Flexible to work the following shifts Mon - Fri (Early: 7:00 - 15:45 Middle 8:00 - 16:45 Late: 10:15 - 19:00)
- ITIL Awareness
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.